We know Social Media is important, but how do you know which one is the best social network for your business?
Not all Social Networks are the best for your business when it’s about appearing on the Net, either are the most popular Networks the best choice. Even though Facebook is the most known Social Network, it doesn’t mean it is the best Social Network for you company.
The 3 steps to choose the most adequate Social Network are:
- Analise your company: the philosophy, the customers and the objectives.
- Choose the perfect content: to achieve users to follow your page it’s necessary 80% of your content to be entertaining. If not they may get bored and unfollow your page if they see you try to sell your product or service constantly.
- Understand properly how every Social Network works and its differences: the characteristics of each Network will be described later.
To achieve users to follow your page it’s necessary 80% of your content to be entertaining. If not they may get bored and unfollow your page if they see you try to sell your product or service constantly.
1. Company’s Analysis:
- Analyse the company’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Understand the company’s philosophy and how you will reflect it on the Social Networks.
- Study the company’s product or service.
- Understand the type of customers the company has (age, social status, etc.)
- Purposes of appearing on Social Media:
- Increase sales.
- Spread the company’s name around the Network.
- Differentiate your company from the competition.
- Retain customers.
2. The second step is to think about the content you will post.
- The content needs to follow the Pareto Principle in which 80% of the content must be entertainment and only 20% advertising the company.
- About that 80% of the content: the subjects of that content must be something related to the company or its philosophy, always thinking about what’s going to make users follow your page.
- The 20% will advertise your company in a delicate way.
3. Get to know each of the Social Networks and its characteristics: here we will talk about the most important characteristics.
– Used by the same amount of men and women between 25 and 55 years old.
– The 78% of the users had a relationship with one brand or company.
– The option for businesses and brands are the Fan Pages.
– It gives you different options of privacy.
– Used by more men than women between 25 and 45 years old.
– By default all the tweets are public, that means everyone can read them.
– 56% of the users had some relationship with one company or brand.
– Used by more men than women.
– People spend less time on this platform compared with the rest of the Social Networks.
– It counts with 500 million registered users and 235m parcially active.
– It counts with more than 300 million users and it\’s available in 25 languages.
– Approximately 67% of big companies use Instagram, especially the ones about luxury and clothes.
– The users\’ age is between 18 and 34 years old and it\’s used by more women than men.
– More than 1.000 million users every month.
– Videos can be seen by other users without them to be registered.
– According to Estremadoyro (2014) is the most powerful Social Network in the world.
– The users\’ age is between 18 and 54 years old.
– It is necessary to have a domain in order to create a Company\’s Page. .
– More than 60% of users are men, and the average of age is between 25 and 45 years old, especially between 35 and 45.
– A good option to find potential employees.
– Used by a 20% more of men than women between 25 and 34 years old.
– Most of its users live in United Kingdom, Singapore and Spain.
– Because it\’s a Yahoo! platform this search engine prioritize the images from Flickr.
– More than 21 million reigistered users.
– 72% of users are women between 28 and 45 years old.
– It provides SEO strategy.
If you have any question about Social Media or need help with your company’s Social Network, don’r hesitate to contact us. We can help!